Tuesday, June 8, 2010

fish fish fish fish fish and fish

who knew it was so hard to find oval canvases?
I visited every art store to find oval canvases and failed,
so i had make a special order online.

and now they have it everywhere.

Excuse my messy desk.




I painted these two for my parents' birthdays last year, which are only a month apart.
the alien-y stuff in the middle is white coral.
It's very thick - again, paint squeezed out from the tube straight onto the canvases.
It was an exciting process.

with no fins  
   with fins

By the way, sending artworks overseas is a real pain in the bum.


but yay!
I don't know if you can see it but my family actually hung it on the kitchen wall.
the two paintings are meant to go together but they like them separate.
and please don't ask me where the other one is.

[Oil on canvas]

No comments: