Friday, July 23, 2010

happy drops

When I used to worry less about consequences I loved to go out it the rain
and just throw myself into puddles
thumping my two fat feet in them and make heavy splashing noises
I liked how my shoes got wet and then my socks
the slight discomfort at the beginning made me feel brave
and the squelching sound was an ultimate pleasure
I loved the way the murky water felt sticky between my toes

and then I learned that shoes take time to dry and they end up being smelly
or they shrink slightly during the process of evaporation
and don't fit me so perfectly anymore they feel too crisp

and then my life started to have less time for these things
or that's what I think happened
and it began to fill with much more important things
which don't stay in my memory for too long
and I just had no time to waste my emotion on crispy shoes

so rain became a very small part of my life
and I even started to complain about its visits
and whenever it came my moods became crisp

but since I started working
I realised that rain can drive the customers away
and I can have some peaceful time watching live bogan dramas
and now every drop makes me happy I feel like getting a very pretty umbrella


[Digital Photography -
Glass ceiling of the tram stop on a rainy day, wobbly tree branches]

No comments: