Have you ever thought about the moment of your death?
Like how you die, where you die and who you're with?
Because I have; lots of times.
I'm not suicidal. Death does not have to be a morbid topic.
Whenever I think of my moment of death, I think-
no, I can't die now, because I haven't opened Jaelato yet
or because I haven't owned a pretty house yet
or because I haven't given birth yet (I am terrified of the pain mothers tell me about, but I am also curious about the actual level of pain because a lot of these mothers did it again)
or because I haven't got a driver's licence yet
or something like that.
But this trip to New Zealand made me think-
I could die now, and I won't be sorry.
And again, I'm not suicidal.
I'm sure there are many more beautiful ways to describe a memorable trip,
but I just can't find them. Those beautiful words are not beautiful enough.
I took over a thousand photos during the seven days.
And I went through every single one of them just now, looking for pictures to blog about.
There's a well-known saying that a picture can paint a thousand words.
Bullshit.
It doesn't paint a word. The pictures are silent.
I can paint a million emotions just by imagining what I've done in New Zealand.
I don't need photos, and even if I upload photos it won't paint any words for you because you were not there.
And there is a big difference between being there and not being there.
And this makes today's blog a very selfish one.
You will feel like you just spent your precious time reading a vague blog entry, without any photos for entertainment.
So I will post some photos in my next entry, but the explanations may be brief.
I wish there was a word for every emotion that exists.
Then I'll find it a lot easier to write about my trip.
2 comments:
haha! you know I wonder about the pain of childbirth too. I just have this feeling that if I get pregnant, I am going to spend 9 months FREAKING OUT because the THING growing inside me has to get out somehow. I hope to high heaven that hormones make me deliriously forget that. Because they must, right? expectant mothers never look shit scared, they look all glowy and happy. I swear, I'm gonna be the one looking like I'm the next in line to jump into the lions den!
I'm pretty okay about death. Death itself doesn't scare me, but the cause of my dying does. I just don't want to slowly deteriorate, and I don't want to be a burden on my friends and family.
Amy I completely agree with you on both topics.
I'll also be a freaked out mother, so i'll join you! I wish there was a more peaceful way for that thing to get out of me.
No, I wish the mothers hadn't told me about it!
the cause of my dying does scare me too. it's scary because i don't have any control over it.finding peace is a mysterious thing.
i'm dying (no pun intended) to know what comes after life!
Post a Comment