Thursday, July 8, 2010

a less selfish entry

My bed at Julie Banana and John's house. A dream guest room.
The room reflects the couple perfectly. Warm, cosy, classy, and lots of interesting details.

Julie Banana and John's cat #1, Grace.
She slept with me for the two nights. She was an attention seeker and didn't let me sleep the first night, but the second night I was too tired to notice anything.

Tazi. John said he looks like and owl and I couldn't agree more.
He rarely stands up on his own. He has his own place on the couch and spends all his time there. Jules has to pick him up and put him in the litter box so he can pee.

Cleopanda. Jules and John found her injured on the street.
She's an emo cat with dark eyeliners but she's gorgeous and I love her name.

Bubu. She's on strike and never enters the house.
Quite a strong-willed one, but adorable.

I'm going home now, I used to say.
This building, which is the school dorm, used to be my home.
It was a place full of teenage drama. Our world used to revolve around this place.

I wonder how much time it took the artist to paint this.
I've never painted outside my comfort zone, and I admire this artist.

And this is what I was in New Zealand for.
She was a beautiful bride. The weather was happy for them, too.
It was a small wedding that felt big.
Congratulations, Ashley and Graeme.

Wood fire at Charles' house. Charles can be a fulltime fire starter.

Charles' cat was showing off her flexibility in the centre of the living room.
I fell in love with her instantly.

Oh, the ambiance.
Charles plays the guitar. He used to teach me how to play it on Skype: long distance education. His baby fingers move in the most fascinating way when he plays.

Mr Kelso and Ms Vazquez's most active baby, Finn.
The dictionary definition of warm is: having, showing, or expressive of enthusiasm, affection, or kindness.
Mr Kelso and Ms Vazquez were boiling.

A trace of tractor at Dolly's farm.
I loved the squelch of the mud under my shoes. It felt like the ground was alive.

There was life in Dolly's roof gutter.
I believe that anything can start owning a life where Dolly lives. She's got that power.

Who knew cows and a rainbow go together so well?

I wanted to touch and play with the cows but there was a thin barrier I could not break.
It's incredible that something this fragile-looking can make the cows feel so safe.

My two favorite people in my favorite setting. A perfect combination.

I owe Charles my life for letting me have this experience.

I don't like airports.
Goodbyes get harder and harder every time.



I think New Zealand has cast a spell on me,
and being back in reality makes it very difficult for me to breathe.

[I'm not putting up too many photos; there're more on Facebook]

No comments: